Annual Snow Outing
Time & Location
About the Event
DEPART: Meet at the church SATURDAY morning at 8:00 AM, depart by 8:30 AM.
CARPOOL: We will need to carpool as many people as possible. 4 wheel drive cars/trucks are needed.
MEETING PLACE: Tall Pines Market in Christopher Creek. Google driving directions to Tall Pines Market: Driving Directions Link
We will meet here and all depart together to find a spot. Goal is See Canyon, but location is dependent on where there is snow. See Canyon (more on the location here: See Canyon Trail Info).
RETURN: As soon as we can Sunday (probably 11 AM-12:00 PM)
WEATHER: As of 1/6/2020 the weather is estimated to be High 43 / Low 17 (Just a little Chilly)
WHAT TO BRING:
1) Clothing: Bring plenty of layers of clothing to play in, plenty of dry layers of clothing to sleep in. A dry change of socks a MUST. Snow or waterproof boots are best, hiking shoes second best, regular tennis shoes….you will freeze. If tennis shoes are the only option, a second dry pair for AFTER playing in the snow is required.
2) Gear: Standard base camp (car camping) equipment.
3) Bedding: All scouts must have some insulation between them and the tent floor. Thermarest style sleeping pads are good. A few layers of thick blanket will do in a pinch. If you bring blankets, please try to pack them as compactly as possible so everybody’s gear will fit. Please mark all items with your last name.
4) Day Pack: The standard Camelbak style day pack. Must have 2 Nalgenes of water, survival kit and sack lunch in the day pack.
5) Sack Lunch (to be put in day pack – see above)
FOOD: Hot dinner will be cooked in camp Saturday night for everyone (Menu TBD). Everyone needs to bring a sack lunch, snacks and money for Sunday morning breakfast (money only needed if planning to stop to eat)
SNOW ACTIVITIES / ITEMS NEEDED: Shovel, Small Sleds, and other Snow Related Items that you want to use.
FIREWOOD: We have 3 bins of wood and a Bag. If you have extra feel free to bring it as the wood onsite will be wet.
ADULT ASSISTANCE: We need a few adults to load the Troop Kitchen gear in their truck. Contact Yatzana Cruz / Neovanni Delacruz (786) 356-1726 to coordinate pick-up from Troop Trailer
1) 1 Burner Stove
2) Propane Tanks x 1
4) 3 Plastic Bins of Wood
5) 1-2 Plastic Bin with Plates, Cups, Utensils, Napkins
6) Cast Iron Pots (qty TBD)
7) Two 6 foot Tables (these are compact and fold in half)
8) Charcoal Bucket
9) Wood Plastic Bins x 3
10) Additional Items TBD