Bike Outing - McDowell Mountain Park
Time & Location
About the Event
Please read all information as due to COVID, safety guidelines will need to be followed to ensure a safe camping experience.
1) Up to Date Youth Protection required for all adults attending.
2) Health Form A / B1 / B2 required from all Scouts and Adults attending. The form can be scanned and emailed to Yatzee or provided the day of the camp out. You or your Scout cannot attend any outings or events without an updated Health Form on file as it is a BSA Requirement. These forms are used in case of an emergency.
Form can be downloaded from: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
***Form C will be needed for Summer Camp, Mini High, and High Adventure, but can be provided at a later date.
***If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Yatzee at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID COMPLIANT CAMP OUT REQUIREMENTS
1) Temperature will be checked prior to departure.
2) Face Mask must be worn at all times by Scouts and Adults
4) Adults attending are asked to assist with social distancing, hygiene, mask wearing, etc.
5) Scouts should treat the camp out as a back packer and bring and prepare their own meals. See details below of meal option which Troop is providing – plan accordingly
6) All Scouts should sleep in their own tent, unless you are family. Please advise if a tent is needed.
7) Tents will need to be placed 6 feet apart
8) Scouts and Adults must remain and communicate 6 feet apart, unless there is an emergency
North Scottsdale United Methodist Church
11735 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Meet at 6:00 PM for 6:30 PM departure
Directions Link: https://goo.gl/maps/shDBpDpPGQxzGMMt9
Drive Time: 35 Minutes / 22.4 Miles from Church
We are limiting carpooling due to COVID. Carpooling is approved as long as you checked individually with Registered Troop Adults on a car pool plan and any expected Covid practices for that specific carpool. In the invite please document who you will be carpooling with and please ensure that you and/or Scout are wearing a mask throughout the trip.
NOTES - In the invite please document the following:
1) How many seat-belts you have available to give a Scout / Parent a Ride if you are consenting to carpool
2) If you plan to depart ahead of the group
3) If you are coming up on Saturday
CAMPING LOCATION - Check In is at 1:00 PM / Check Out is at 12:00 PM
Camping site has been Reserved
- Check in time is 1 pm and Check out is Noon.
- The Park entrance fee is included in the price for Group/Youth Camping. Visitors to group and youth sites that are not spending the night must pay the $7 per vehicle park entrance fee. Park staff will provide a sign-in roster and collect remaining camping fees.
- Small Group area - Capacity for groups with 1 to 10 camping vehicles. Small Youth Group area - 1 to 10 camping vehicles.
The Committee agreed that we could provide meals as long as we have the same adults cooking, serving, and cleaning to avoid contamination. Ideally if you are interested in eating with the Troop the expense of the food is divided between all who ate and the funds can be given to Lynne via Cash App, Venmo, or Cash to a designated Adult that will attend the outing who will then give it to Lynne. The average cost is about $5.00 to $10.00 per person. We will not have Patrol Meals. If not eating with the Troop, treat is as a backpacker and prepare your individual meals.
1) Need a Adult Volunteer Cook (create meal plan and purchase or let another adult knw that can purchase).
***Give receipt to be given to Lynne for reimbursement
2) Need Adult Clean Up Crew (2-3)
3) Saturday Breakfast - (Troop to Provide - see above $)
***Continental (Example: Bagels, Cream Cheese, Eggs in a bag, Donuts, etc.)
4) Bring a Sack Lunch on Saturday
5) Saturday Dinner (Troop to Provide - see above $)
6) Sunday Breakfast - Parent/Scout to Provide
WHAT TO BRING
1) Face Mask (at least 2 in case you lose one)
2) Hand Sanitizer / Sanitation Wipes
3) Sack Lunch
4) Jet Boil or other Cooking Device
5) Camping Gear in Pack
6) Camel Pack or Day Pack
7) Minimum of 1-2 Gallons of Water PP
8) 2 Nalgene’s Minimum
9) Hiking Shoes
10) Night Lamp
11) First Aid / Survival Kit
12) Bicycle (if you can bring an extra for a Scout that would be appreciated)
13) Helmet (if you can bring an extra for a Scout that would be appreciated)
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
2) Advancement Review (bring your books)