Sat, Sep 26|
Meet at Church at 7:00 AM for 7:30 AM departure Plan to head on the trail at 10 AM
Time & Location
Sep 26, 2020, 7:00 AM – Sep 27, 2020, 11:00 AM
About the Event
Please read all information as due to COVID, safety guidelines will need to be followed to ensure a safe camping experience.
1) Up to Date Youth Protection required for all adults attending.
2) Health Form A / B1 / B2 required from all Scouts and Adults attending. The form can be scanned and emailed to Yatzee or provided the day of the campout. You or your Scout cannot attend any outings or events without an updated Health Form on file as it is a BSA Requirement. These forms are used in case of an emergency.
Form can be downloaded from: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
***Form C will be needed for Summer Camp, Mini High, and High Adventure, but can be provided at a later date.
***If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Yatzee at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID COMPLIANT CAMPOUT REQUIREMENTS
1) Temperature will be checked prior to departure.
2) Face Mask must be worn at all times by Scouts and Adults
3) We will not be able to accommodate the usual carpooling. All scouts will need to travel in a car with their own family members. If families have social distanced together and wish to make arrangements among themselves regarding carpooling, they do so at their own discretion.
4) Adults attending are asked to assist with social distancing, hygiene, mask wearing, etc.
5) Families/Adults/Scouts should plan to cook their own meals.
6) There will be no Patrol or Adult Communal meals.
7) First year scouts should eat meals with their family members.
8) Older scouts should treat the camp out as a back packer and bring and prepare their own meals.
9) All Scouts should sleep in their own tent, unless you are family. Please advise if a tent is needed.
10) Tents will need to be placed 6 feet apart
11) Scouts and Adults must remain and communicate 6 feet apart, unless there is an emergency
North Scottsdale United Methodist Church
11735 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Meet at 7:00 AM for 7:30 AM departure
ARRIVAL LOCATION – 10 AM HIKING DEPARTURE
Horton Creek Trail Head 285 to Horton Springs
Directions Link: Horton Springs Parking Lot - https://goo.gl/maps/UfXkNejxVkCcX7Fg7
Drive Time from Church: 1 h 42 min
Take Highway 87 to Payson and go right on Highway 260 (Show Low) and continue for approximately 17 mi. Near milepost 268, you will see a sign for the Tonto Fish Hatchery (Forest Road 289) which you will make a left turn and travel for 1 mi. As you cross the bridge you will see the parking on the left side. From the parking area, hike back down the road across the bridge and head up the first dirt road on your left. Follow the dirt road until you reach the trailhead.
TBD, we are still looking into some locations. We will be going to the camping location after the Hike.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
3) Advancement Review (bring your books)
WHAT TO BRING
1) Face Mask (at least 2 in case you lose one)
2) Hand Sanitizer / Sanitation Wipes
3) Sack Lunch in your Day Pack for the Hike
4) Dinner (Saturday) & Breakfast (Sunday)
5) Jet Boil or other Cooking Device
6) Camping Gear in Pack
7) Camel Pack or Day Pack
8) Minimum of 1 Gallon of Water PP
9) 2 Nalgene’s Minimum
10) Hiking Shoes
11) Night Lamp
12) First Aid / Survival Kit
13) Water Shoes / Waterproof Shoes / Extra Pair in case they get wet