Mistletoe Harvesting - No Camping Church Arrival 8 AM - 8:30 AM Departure
Time & Location
About the Event
Church arrival on Saturday 8AM
Church Departure on Saturday : 8:30 AM
Somewhere before getting to Globe there are a lot of trees infested with the parasitic plant known as Mistletoe. We go out, find it, cut it off the trees (which is a good thing), snip it into small sprigs, and bag it. Then, about a week later, we put them into individual bags with small tags that tell the history of the tradition of mistletoe at Christmas time. Add a small bow then off they go for sale.
Our bunch of harvesters will go out to our top secret location and cut mistletoe from the trees. This only took about two-three hours to collect last time.
Right now, we expect everyone to bring a sack lunch for Saturday. Plan to eat breakfast before you arrive at the church at 8AM.
WHAT TO BRING
1. WARM clothes
2. Pants (avoid shorts as you will be in the brush)
3. 4 Nalgene’s minimum
4. First Aid Kit
5. SUN BLOCK
6. Hat – Protection from Sun
7. Raincoat – In case of incremental weather
8. Saws, Pole Saws, Pruners, WORK GLOVES
9. Black Trash Bags (Troop to Provide)
10. Sack Lunch for Saturday Afternoon
COVID COMPLIANT REQUIREMENTS
1) Temperature will be checked prior to departure.
2) Face Mask must be worn at all times by Scouts and Adults
4) Adults attending are asked to assist with social distancing, hygiene, mask wearing, etc.
5) Scouts and Adults must remain and communicate 6 feet apart, unless there is an emergency
We are limiting carpooling due to COVID. Carpooling is approved as long as you checked individually with Registered Troop Adults on a car pool plan and any expected Covid practices for that specific carpool. In the invite please document who you will be carpooling with and please ensure that you and/or Scout are wearing a mask throughout the trip.