Fri, Sep 20|
A Troop 109 Tradition!!
Time & Location
Sep 20, 2019, 6:00 PM – Sep 22, 2019, 10:00 PM
Palace Station, S Senator Hwy, Kirkland, AZ 86332, USA
About the Event
We will meet at the church at 6:30 with a 7pm departure at the latest. Google will get you there but it will be a little tricky in the dark with spotty cell service once we leave Mayer. If you are hitching a ride, please pay the driver $10 and another $10 for adults having meals with the troop.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: (copy and paste into browser address bar): https://goo.gl/maps/CDGj5vt5kay
EVERY SCOUT NEEDS TO BRING:
- Long pants
- Closed toe shoes - preferably hiking boots
- Work gloves
- Safety glasses or sun glasses or prescription eye wear
- The Forest Service also requires permission slips from every family. Here is a link to the file: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/b280ec_a069ec3028ba4e789b4bd2b747bfe837.pdf
Was this mentioned? Water!!! Every Scout needs two Nalgenes/liters while every driver needs at least five gallons. There is no water source at the station.
- Eat dinner Friday before we leave.
- Bring a sack lunch for Saturday.
- TOOLS: Work gloves, rakes, shovels, post-hole digger, gas powered weed eater, loppers, pruning tools.
- Some warm clothes for the evening, but it won’t be super cold.
Breakfast Saturday – Patrols cook, must transport table and chuck box
Adults set up kitchen for adults only
Lunch – Normal sack lunch for all.
Dinner Saturday – Patrols cook for themselves. For adults, dinner will be prepared by master chef Chris Bridges.
Make sure your Scout pays back the “Grub Master” for getting the food.
Continental for all (adults/Scouts) on Sunday.