Time & Location
About the Event
READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT IN DETAIL – SPECIFIC AREAS TO PAY ATTENTION TO:
Palace Station Info: http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/palacestation.html
Troop 109 Palace Station History/Tradition: https://www.phxtroop109.org/history-of-palace-station-arizona
DO NOT FORGET TO RSVP: https://www.phxtroop109.org/event-details-pbw5k (P/W - 109)
Please read all information as due to COVID, safety guidelines will need to be followed to ensure a safe camping experience.
1) Up to Date Youth Protection required for all adults attending.
2) Health Form A / B1 / B2 required from all Scouts and Adults attending. The form can be scanned and emailed to Yatzee or provided the day of the camp out. You or your Scout cannot attend any outings or events without an updated Health Form on file as it is a BSA Requirement. These forms are used in case of an emergency.
Form can be downloaded from: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
***Form C will be needed for Summer Camp, Mini High, and High Adventure, but can be provided at a later date.
***If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Yatzee at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID COMPLIANT CAMP OUT REQUIREMENTS
1) Temperature will be checked prior to departure.
2) Face Mask must be worn at all times by Scouts and Adults
4) Adults attending are asked to assist with social distancing, hygiene, mask wearing, etc.
5) Older scouts should treat the camp out as a back packer and bring and prepare their own meals. See Details below of meal option which Troop is providing – plan accordingly
6) All Scouts should sleep in their own tent, unless you are family. Please advise if a tent is needed.
7) Tents will need to be placed 6 feet apart
8) Scouts and Adults must remain and communicate 6 feet apart, unless there is an emergency
North Scottsdale United Methodist Church
11735 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Meet at 6:30 PM for 7:00 PM departure
Directions Link: https://goo.gl/maps/oDLk9Skwpc6Y9V7B6
Drive Time: About 2 hours
***High Clearance or 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles Only***
This is one of those trips that we cannot do without carpooling to ensure as many Scouts as possible attend. Ensure you plan on driving your own scout or you work individually with Registered Troop Adults on a car pool plan and any expected Covid practices for that specific carpool. In the invite please document who you will be carpooling with and please ensure that you and/or Scout are wearing a mask throughout the trip.
NOTES - In the invite please document the following:
1) How many seat-belts you have available to give a Scout / Parent a Ride if you are consenting to carpool
2) If you plan to depart ahead of the group
3) If you are coming up on Saturday
4) If you have space in your vehicle to bring Tables, Troop Stove, Canopy, etc as we will not be taking the Troop Trailer
From Palace Station follow Troop Signs to Camping Location or wait in front of Palace Station and we will find you. The location is relatively close to the site.
The Committee agreed that we could provide meals as long as we have the same adults cooking, serving, and cleaning to avoid contamination. Ideally if you are interested in eating with the Troop the expense of the food is divided between all who ate and the funds can be given to Lynne via Cash App or Venmo or Cash to a designated Adult that will attend the outing who will then give it to Lynne. We will not have Patrol Meals, so if not eating with the Troop, treat is as a backpacker and prepare your individual meals.
1) Need a Adult Volunteer Cook
2) Need Adult Clean Up Crew (2-3)
2) Saturday Breakfast
3) Bring a Sack Lunch on Saturday - We will be eating on the Trail
4) Saturday Dinner
5) Sunday Continental
WHAT TO BRING
1) Face Mask (at least 2 in case you lose one)
2) Hand Sanitizer / Sanitation Wipes
3) Sack Lunch
4) Jet Boil or other Cooking Device
5) Camping Gear in Pack
6) Camel Pack or Day Pack
7) Minimum of 1-2 Gallons of Water PP
8) 2 Nalgene’s Minimum
9) Hiking Shoes
10) Night Lamp
11) First Aid / Survival Kit
12) Sweater as it tends to be chilly at night
13) See Additional Items in Section "WHAT WILL WE BE DOING"
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
2) Advancement Review (bring your books)
3) Service Work (waiting for Ranger Confirmation)
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING? - TBD - BELOW IS FROM LAST YEAR - - Confirming with Ranger
***We will do some kind of Service Project, hence the below supplies are needed***
1) Work to be Performed: Assist the Forest Service with Trail Maintenance (E+L Trail that leaves from just above the cabin towards Prescott on Senator Hwy)
2) When: Saturday 09/17/2019/202 from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
3) What to Bring: Long Pants, Long Sleeves Shirt, Boots or Close Toe Shoes, Eye Protection (Safety Glasses / Normal Glasses / Sun Glasses), Helmet (Hard Hat or Bike Helmet)
4) Forest Service to Provide: Gloves and Safety Glasses (limited qty) and the required Tools (mainly loppers)
5) Troop to Provide: Helmets (limited qty), axes, and saws
***If you have Gloves, Helmets, and Glasses bring them as there are limited quantities