Palace Station - A Troop 109 Annual Tradition.
Time & Location
About the Event
Calendar: Troop 109 B
Event: Palace Station Campout - Service Project, High Clearance or 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles Only*
Where: S Senator Hwy, Kirkland, AZ 86332
When: Sep 24, 2021 6pm to Sep 26, 2021 9am (UTC-07:00) Arizona
READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT IN DETAIL – SPECIFIC AREAS TO PAY ATTENTION TO:
Palace Station Info: http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/palacestation.html
Troop 109 Palace Station History/Tradition: https://www.phxtroop109.org /history-of-palace-station-arizona
DO NOT FORGET TO RSVP: https://www.phxtroop109.org/event-details-pbw5k/
1) Up to Date Youth Protection required for all adults attending.
2) Health Form A / B1 / B2 required from all Scouts and Adults attending. The form can be scanned and emailed to Yatzee/Candice or provided the day of the camp out. You or your Scout cannot attend any outings or events without an updated Health Form on file as it is a BSA Requirement. These forms are used in case of an emergency.
Form can be downloaded from: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
North Scottsdale United Methodist Church
11735 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Meet at 6:00 PM for 6:30 PM departure
Directions Link: https://goo.gl/maps/oDLk9Skwpc6Y9V7B6
Drive Time: 2- 3 hours
***High Clearance or 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles Recommended***
This is on e of those trips that we cannot do without carpooling to ensure as many Scouts as possible attend. Ensure you plan on driving your own scout or you work individually with Registered Troop Adults on a car pool plan. In the invite please document who you will be carpooling with.
NOTES - In the invite please document the following:
1) How many seat-belts you have available to give a Scout / Parent a Ride if you are consenting to carpool
2) If you plan to depart ahead of the group
3) If you are coming up on Saturday
4) If you have space in your vehicle to bring Tables, Troop Stove, Canopy, etc as we will not be taking the Troop Trailer
From Palace Station turn left down Senator Highway. The campsite is a few hundred yards away next to horse corrals. It is very dark and there is no cell service so traveling with the troop is highly recommended.
MEALS FOR ADULTS
1) Friday - Eat before Leaving
2) Saturday Breakfast -
3 ) Saturday Lunch - Bring your own sack lunch
4) Saturday Dinner -
5) Sunday Breakfast -
PATROLS WILL PLAN MEALS, BUY FOOD AND COOK TOGETHER
WHAT TO BRING
1) Sack Lunch
2) Patrol chuck boxes, supplies and food
3) Patrol flag
4) Jet Boil or other Cooking Device
5) Camping Gear in Pack
6) Camel Pack or Day Pack
7) Minimum of 1-2 Gallons of Water PP
8) 2 Nalgene’s Minimum
9) Hiking Shoes
10) Night Lamp with batteries
11) First Aid / Survival Kit
12) Sweater as it tends to be chilly at night
13) See Additional Items in Section "SERVICE PROJECT"
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
2) Advancement Review (bring your books)
3) Service Work (waiting for Ranger Confirmation)
***We will work around the station, cemetery and helipad***
1) Work to be Performed: Trail Maintenance (E+L Trail that leaves from just above the cabin towards Prescott on Senator Hwy)
2) When : Saturday 09/25/2021 from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
3) What to Bring: Long Pants, Long Sleeves Shirt, Boots or Close Toe Shoes, Eye Protection (Safety Glasses / Normal Glasses / Sun Glasses), Helmet (Hard Hat or Bike Helmet)
4) Forest Service to Provide: Gloves and Safety Glasses (limited qty) and the required Tools (mainly loppers)
5) Troop to Provide: Helmets (limited qty), axes, and saws
***If you have shovels, loppers, Gloves, Helmets, and Glasses bring them