Fri, Sep 23|
Palace Station - A Troop 109 Annual Tradition Since 1981
Please join us and celebrate Troop 109's 40th Anniversary at Palace Station.
Time & Location
Sep 23, 2022, 6:00 PM – Sep 25, 2022, 9:00 AM
Yavapai County, S Senator Hwy, Kirkland, AZ 86332, USA
About the Event
Event: Palace Station Campout - Service Project, High Clearance or 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles Only*
Where: S Senator Hwy, Kirkland, AZ 86332
When: Sep 23, 2022 - 6pm to Sep 25, 2022 - 9am
Scoutmaster request: The BSA Publicity Waiver and Release form is required for this outing.
READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT IN DETAIL
Palace Station Info: http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/palacestation.html
1) Up to Date Youth Protection required for all adults attending.
2) Health Form A / B1 / B2 required from all Scouts and Adults attending.
3)Scoutmaster request: The BSA Publicity Waiver and Release form is required for this outing.
North Scottsdale United Methodist Church
11735 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Meet at 6:00 PM for 6:30 PM departure
Directions Link: https://goo.gl/maps/oDLk9Skwpc6Y9V7B6
Drive Time: 2- 3 hours
***High Clearance or 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles Recommended***
This is one of those trips that we cannot do without carpooling to ensure as many Scouts as possible attend. Ensure you plan on driving your own scout or you work individually with Registered Troop Adults on a car pool plan. In the invite please document who you will be carpooling with.
NOTES - In the invite please document the following:
1) How many seat-belts you have available to give a Scout / Parent a Ride if you are consenting to carpool
2) If you plan to depart ahead of the group
3) If you are coming up on Saturday
4) If you have space in your vehicle to bring Tables, Troop Stove, Canopy, etc as we will not be taking the Troop Trailer
From Palace Station turn left down Senator Highway. The campsite is a few hundred yards away next to horse corrals. It is very dark and there is no cell service so traveling with the troop is highly recommended.
MEALS FOR ADULTS
1) Friday - Eat before Leaving
2) Saturday Breakfast - Patrols cook for themselves.
3 ) Saturday Lunch - Bring your own sack lunch.
4) Saturday Dinner - Patrols cook for themsleves.
5) Sunday Breakfast - Patrols cook for themselves.
PATROLS WILL PLAN MEALS, BUY FOOD AND COOK TOGETHER
WHAT TO BRING
1) Sack Lunch
2) Patrol chuck boxes, supplies and food
3) Patrol flag
4) Jet Boil or other Cooking Device
5) Camping Gear in Pack
6) Camel Pack or Day Pack
7) Minimum of 1-2 Gallons of Water PP
8) 2 Nalgene’s Minimum
9) Hiking Shoes
10) Night Lamp with batteries
11) First Aid / Survival Kit
12) Sweater as it tends to be chilly at night
13) See Additional Items in Section "SERVICE PROJECT"
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
2) Advancement Review (bring your books)
3) Service Work (waiting for Ranger Confirmation)
***We will work around the station, cemetery and helipad***
1) Work to be Performed: Trail Maintenance (E+L Trail that leaves from just above the cabin towards Prescott on Senator Hwy)
2) When : Saturday 09/24/2022 from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
3) What to Bring: Long Pants, Long Sleeves Shirt, Boots or Close Toe Shoes, Eye Protection (Safety Glasses / Normal Glasses / Sun Glasses), Helmet (Hard Hat or Bike Helmet)
4) Forest Service to Provide: Gloves and Safety Glasses (limited qty) and the required Tools (mainly loppers)
5) Troop to Provide: Helmets (limited qty), axes, and saws
***If you have shovels, loppers, Gloves, Helmets, and Glasses bring them