Skyline Regional Park
Time & Location
About the Event
- Meet at 12:30 PM for 1:00 PM departure from North Scottsdale United Methodist Church - 11735 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254.
*** We cannot check in prior to 1 PM and check out is on 11/11/2019 at 11 AM.
- Location: Skyline Regional Park - 2600 N Watson Rd, Buckeye, AZ 85396
- Campsites: A,B,C,D, E, F
- Google Maps from Church to Skyline Regional Park:
54 Min - Via I-10 W: https://goo.gl/maps/mvuMonQUoVwNQFnR8
59 Min - Via 101 Loop N & I-10 W: https://goo.gl/maps/HWGgSHQ6SPWrc7nE7
- Park Web Site: https://www.buckeyeaz.gov/residents/skyline-regional-park
The park is in the White Tank Mountains on the west side of the Valley and there is a lot of hiking and biking. This is a mountain biking trip so please bring a trail-worthy bike(s) if you have one. You must have your own helmet!!! And a camelback or other portable water container. Mr. Moseley is bringing two extra bikes. Anyone who wants to ride will get a chance. We will work on requirements for Cycling Merit Badge.
- Set up Camp
- Afternoon Ride
- After breakfast – Ride #1 or Hike
- Mid-morning – Ride #2 for Advanced Riders
- Afternoon – Maintenance, Riding and Games
- Leisure time before dinner/patrols plan skits for campfire
- Sunset Hike or Ride
- Dinner around 6:00 PM
- Campfire program
- No breakfast Monday. Pack up and get another ride in or return to town.
$5 gas money for your driver
Bring CANOPIES/SHADE if you have them as there is limited shade.
Bike & Helmet (if planning to ride), Day Pack, 2 Nalgene’s, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sweater, a few layers of clothing, Headlamp, First Aid Kit, Hat, Sunscreen, Class B Shirt, Good Hiking/Riding Shoes.
***Helmet is required to Ride & Scout must have something to carry their Nalgene’s on while riding.
***Assigned Tent Buddy if Needed. Scouts will tent as patrols with each other. (Scouts can only share tents with other Scouts within two years of their age.)
Chuck Box, Meal Plan, Food, 5 Gallons of Water
Each Scout should bring 1 gallon of Water (this is in addition to your Nalgene’s)
Drivers to bring 5 gallons of water
Adults - $10.00 for Food
*Saturday – eat lunch before arrival be prepared to cook Dinner
*Sunday - be prepared to cook Breakfast, Sack Lunch, and Dinner
*Monday - No breakfast, see Activities/Program Section
Be mindful of your trash and let's try to keep it at a minimum as we will have limited space to bring trash back.
Park has Toilets and Sinks
Estimated in the Low: 50 °F and High: 77 °F