Survival Outing - Gash Flats
Time & Location
About the Event
SURVIVAL OUTING: Each year Troop 109 holds it Survival Outing in the pines. At this outing, each patrol will camp with minimal equipment and food, hoping to survive the night. All Patrols that survive and make it back to camp will be rewarded with a sumptuous breakfast cooked for them by the Troop 109 kitchen.
IT’S A COMPETITION TOO! In addition, each patrol can earn extra food by excelling in their survival skills. Patrols will be judged on the quality of their shelter, safety of the campsite including campfire, and quality of cooking setup. One GRAND PRIZE will be awarded to the Patrol the best survival camp setup. Attitude counts!
WHAT CAN EACH PATROL BRING? Each patrol can bring these items, and ONLY these items:
1 Sleeping bag per scout
10 feet binding twine per person
First Aid Kit – one per scout. MANDATORY!
2 Nalgene’s water for each scout
1 pocket knife per scout
1 rain poncho per scout
1 tarp for each patrol
1 headlight per patrol
1 small box matches + flint and steel
- Each patrol cook their own Saturday morning breakfast – complete and cleaned up by 0830.
- Fall in entire Troop – 0845
- Training Sessions – 9-12
3 training sessions (First Aid, Fire and Cooking, Shelter and Knots)
Each patrol to attend every session
- Lunch 12-1:30 – Patrol cooks their own lunch
- 1:30 – Patrols lead to their campsite by leadership – let the survival begin!
- Sunday morning – return to camp for breakfast Provided by the troop kitchen